Mark Sisson describes his philosophy on health as follows:
“Really, my health philosophy is surprisingly simple. I follow a diet based on an understanding of evolutionary science. I think it’s more important to eat, move, and live according to how humans are designed and not according to society’s artificial developments of the last 100 years. Fortunately, this type of lifestyle is not only incredibly healthy, it’s quite simple.
In a nutshell:
- Fresh, nutrient dense, high antioxidant, preferably locally grown/naturally raised food choices
- Daily activity – whether it’s the gym or a walk along the beach, it all counts
- Plenty of quality sleep, sun exposure, play, and intellectual stimulation
- Avoid all sweets and sweetened beverages. Once you break free, they lose their allure
- Time for fun – don’t take anything too seriously
- Ethical behavior – because what goes around comes around
- Taking responsibility for yourself and your life – openness to new things and ideas
Mark is in great shape for his age, and so is his blog. He’s been producing a blog post a day (an apple a day) since 2006 and the quality of content is impressive. The topics range from nutrition, exercise recommendations, to a multitude of other lifestyle factors. It’s a well-trafficked blog that boasts 150,000 unique visitors a day!